Incredible Years Parenting Programme (for ages 3-8 years)
This programme supports parents and builds optimal parenting skills
What is Incredible Years Parenting Programme?
This programme supports parents and builds optimal parenting skills in the following ways:
- Learning how child-directed play promotes positive relationships
- Understanding how to use emotion coaching to build children's emotional vocabulary and encourage their expression of feelings and empathy
- Building children's social skills and self esteem through praise and encouragement
- Understanding how to set up programmes for problems such as compliance, sharing, disobedience, sibling rivalry and behaviour in public
- Parents maintaining self control using calm down strategies and positive self-talk
- ...... and more!
Who would benefit from these groups?
Any individual parent or couple with children aged 3-8 years old.
Where do the groups run?
Programmes are run in the community in Community Centres, Early Years Centres or Nurseries.
What format do the groups take?
Groups run once per week for a fourteen to eighteen week period. The programme uses multiple learning approaches - video modelling, group discussion and support, practice activities within sessions, home activities, reading or audio assignments, self-monitoring check lists and goals and leader teaching and support. The programme is highly interactive, collaborative and self-directed.
How can I access these groups?
Please contact Children & Young People team 01506 284440 Option 4 for more information
Is there a charge?
No, there is no charge.