Social Work and Social Care Job opportunities
You will be fully aware of the unprecedented situation we are all facing due to the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are concentrating our resources to ensure essential services are maintained. We are acting now to protect essential social work and social care services.
In order to continue offering the best services we can for West Lothian's most vulnerable people, we are offering temporary employment opportunities for individuals to join our teams in the following areas:
- Care for vulnerable older people (ref 202011)
- Residential care for adults and older people (ref 202022)
- Support for vulnerable families (ref 202033)
- Residential Child Care (ref 202044)
- Support for vulnerable adults (ref 20255)
- Support with people who have mental health or addiction difficulties (ref 20266)
We would like to hear from you if you are:
- Someone with social work, psychology, nursing or health & social care qualifications who can undertake a range of duties across different client groups
- SSSC registered; or
- Someone without registration or qualification but with transferable skills and experience and a strong interest in providing personal care and support to vulnerable people.
Salary will be dependent on the role, qualifications and your experience but will be between £17,250 - £25,264 or £25,978 and £39,868 per annum (full-time equivalent).
We can currently offer opportunities on a fixed term basis or as casual/supply work, and a range of working hours and patterns are available.
Candidates may require to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update where the post is considered Regulated Work with vulnerable children or Protection Adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
We look forward to hearing from you
How to apply
Please complete and return the online form below and attach an up to date CV
Alternatively, download and complete the application form and send it, along with your up-to-date CV to SPstaffrecruitment@westlothian.gov.uk
Please quote the relevant reference number(s) for the posts/s you are applying for.