The West Lothian podiatry service is based within St John's hospital in Howden, Livingston. We also offer services from local health centres and clinics.
There is a limited domiciliary (at home) service for patients who are fully housebound (subject to a health and safety assessment.).
What we do
- We offer a fully comprehensive foot health service by courteous and fully qualified HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) registered Podiatrists
- Specialist clinics are available for diabetes, nail surgery and biomechanics
- Treatment plans are based upon a patient's individual needs. Priority is given to those within high risk categories, for example, infection, ulceration, diabetic patients or patients with vascular disease
- We regret that we are unable to offer a regular nail cutting or pedicure service in the absence of any medical or podiatric need for care. We do not routinely undertake the cutting of normal nails, including patients over the age of 60.
Areas covered by the service
- St John's wards by nurse referral
Day patients / outpatients
- Out Patient Department 1 (OPD1) (Diabetes, nail surgery, new patient assessment and biomechanics clinics)
Domiciliary nursing homes
- Fully housebound
- Health centres in West Lothian
For general information and advice please contact the podiatry office at St John's hospital Tel: 01506 523180