Community Outreach Team (COT)
The Community Outreach Team (COT) and Day Services will provide a community based service to people with severe and enduring mental illness (for example schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder) and complex needs.
The service will be flexible and responsive to the changing needs of the service user. The service will aim to build on the services users' strengths, promoting independence and enhancing coping strategies.
Where available and appropriate, the service will aim to enable the individual's needs to be met by utilising community resources and social networks.
The main objectives are to:
- Reduce the requirement for in- patient care on an individual basis
- Improve the quality of life for services users' using the service
- Lessen the damaging effects of mental illness on services users' well-being
- Provide education on mental health issues for services users' and their carers
- Improve support for carers
Who is the support for?
- People aged 18 - 64 years old
- People aged over 65 years old
- Carers or Parents
- Mental Health Conditions
Days and Times
- Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm
- Friday 8.30am to 4pm
Open referral access from multi-agencies.
Where is the service located?
Bathgate Partnership Centre
Telephone: 01506 283023 / 282972
Disabled access all areas