IJB Strategic Plan & Delivery Plans
This Strategic Plan, for the period 2023 to 2028, builds on the achievements of the West Lothian Integration Joint Board (IJB) Strategic Plan 2019 to 2023 and sets out the Boards ambition for the continued development and improvement of health and social care services in West Lothian over the next 5 years.
"Working in partnership to improve wellbeing and reduce health inequalities across all communities in West Lothian"
The plan also outlines how we will deliver the nine national health and wellbeing outcomes through our strategic priorities and transformational change programmes against the background of demographic, and financial challenges.
The first step in developing the new plan was the completion of the to ensure a clear understanding of the needs and priorities of our population. Through the strategic needs assessment analysis has been undertaken of local and national data to identify current and future trends to support the planning and development of future services. Alongside data analysis, a comprehensive engagement exercise was undertaken to ensure that the views of partners, staff, unpaid carers and people who use our services were captured to identify what is currently working well, what we still need to do and where any gaps exist. Work was also undertaken with the IJB Strategic Planning Group to review the previous IJB Strategic Plan and identify potential priorities for the new plan.
The seven strategic aims of the Strategic Plan 2023-2028 are to:
• Take a 'Home First' approach with coordinated care, support and treatment as close to home as it can be
• Deliver planned care whenever possible
• Enable access to timely information, advice and support enabling people to make decisions about their own wellbeing
• Take a rights based approach which places people at the centre
• Involve citizens, communities, staff, carers and other stakeholders as experts
• Improve outcomes for people through more seamless partnership working
• Drive improvement in service delivery thought transformation
To achieve this, we have set the following strategic priorities for the duration of this Plan:
• Improving Health Inequalities in Partnership
• A 'Home First' Approach
• Enabling High Quality Care, Support and Treatment
The Strategic Plan is underpinned by Delivery Plans
The delivery plans inform our strategic commissioning and focus on ensuring that the IJB fulfils its statutory duty to achieve best value, while delivering, developing, and commissioning services that are person centred, take a human rights-based approach and are outcome focused. A delivery plan has been developed to take forward each strategic priority and will cover all adult care groups.
Our 2023-2028 Documents
Our Previous Strategic Plan & Commissioning Plans